We hear it all of the time, “running toll is the cost of a fleet doing business.” While that may be true, there are ways to save time and money on toll and ensure that you are running your fleet in the most efficient way possible. Having meaningful graphs and reports at your fingertips is an easy way to view and make sense of vast amounts of toll data, but most importantly, is an essential tool to help you make informed and strategic business decisions.
Ready to take control of your toll? Bestpass, the commercial toll management experts, has created a list of the top-five benefits of choosing a toll management solution that includes an insights and analytics platform.
- Identify cost savings immediately. Toll rates are always changing, and toll collection has evolved, with many tolling authorities switching to all-electronic or cashless toll, resulting in more toll captured by license plate. With that transition comes its own set of challenges. In this ever-changing toll landscape, it is important to manage transponder deployment across a fleet to lessen the impact of higher toll rates, administrative fees, and delayed billing associated with toll by plate and violations. Having insight into which vehicles are incurring toll by plate is critical in your transponder deployment strategy and positively impacting the bottom line.
- Instantly access and easily understand toll trends. If you have a fleet of many vehicles, it is hard to keep tabs on which vehicles are incurring toll transactions in certain areas or at certain times, or if those vehicles are receiving violations. Having an overview of your toll spend, allowing you to see patterns and where your toll dollars are going, can help visualize your toll operations over time and proactively plan for the future. Having access to this information can also identify vehicles in your fleet that are incurring toll costs that are higher than expected.
- Deepened understanding of toll usage to make informed decisions. If your fleet is running a lot of toll, then there is a lot of tolling data to decipher. This often leads to spending large amounts of time figuring out what the data is actually telling you about your toll usage. By consolidating multiple accounts, statements, and spreadsheets into a single, visual repository of all toll data and activity, you can save a significant amount of time while also getting a more meaningful view of the big picture.
- Pinpoint anomalies that require further analysis. With an insights and analytics platform, you are able to drill down quickly and directly into spikes in toll cost, toll by plate, or violations. These disruptions in your fleet trends can indicate that corrective action is required, whether it is replacing or adding a transponder to a vehicle, or adjusting travel patterns to avoid peak toll rates, among other options. In addition, you can quickly see how changing your fleet operations, whether it is adding more vehicles or a new customer, impacts your overall toll budget and adjust accordingly.
- Run your business proactively. One of the most important benefits of using a tolling insights and analytics platform, which is directly supported by the previous four elements, is the ability to make informed decisions based on a constant stream of accurate data, as opposed to reacting to a crisis that has been going on for far too long. By establishing an efficient system that brings in, automatically sorts, and visually displays all of your toll activity, you put yourself in a powerful position to monitor your toll spend and make adjustments to maximize fleet performance, saving time and money on your toll management.
Bestpass is the comprehensive payment platform provider and leader in toll management solutions for commercial fleets of all shapes and sizes. With more than 9,000 customers and more than 650,000 deployed toll transponders in the United States and Canada, Bestpass ensures data accuracy, consolidates payments, delivers invaluable industry expertise, and saves its users time and money. Founded in 2001 by truckers for truckers, Bestpass is now a trusted partner on the road and in the back office for customers, tolling authorities, and related organizations. To learn more, visit www.bestpass.com.